Skip to content

Wannabe chefs share atrocious pictures of their worst kitchen disasters

Wannabe chefs share atrocious pictures of their worst kitchen disasters

Cooking comes naturally to some people. For others, the simplest meal can lead to disastrous results.

Wannabe chefs saw the funny side of their cooking mishaps and shared their worst kitchen failures on Reddit’s cooking discussion.

One cook screwed up so much they reduced chicken legs to charred pins, while another even set fire to their stove.

Another who somehow tried to cook poached eggs ended up with two yolks scattered over pink blobs to create a dish that looked both disturbing and inedible.

One thing is for sure, these are not going to win gastronomy awards anytime soon.

People from all over the world have shared their worst cooking mistakes on Reddit, including this wannabe chef who accidentally started a fire

People from all over the world have shared their worst cooking mistakes on Reddit, including this wannabe chef who accidentally started a fire

50 shades of grey!  These sizzling burgers look more like mold than anything you could want for dinner

50 shades of grey! These sizzling burgers look more like mold than anything you could want for dinner

I don't feel like chicken tonight!  A cook forgot to check his chicken and ended up with charred legs for their dinner?

I don’t feel like chicken tonight! A cook forgot to check his chicken and ended up with charred legs for their dinner?

Cord good!  What appears to be an attempt at poached eggs turned into a very disturbing meal that resembled organs

Cord good! What appears to be an attempt at poached eggs turned into a very disturbing meal that resembled organs

We're not sure what happened there, but these dinner pretzel snacks seem to have burned crunchy

We’re not sure what happened there, but these dinner pretzel snacks seem to have burned crunchy

Mama mia!  Never leave your pasta pot unattended or you could end up with a similar magma from burnt shells

Mama mia! Never leave your pasta pot unattended or you could end up with a similar magma from burnt shells

This cook failed their recipe so badly that even Sherlock Holmes would scratch his head if he knew what they were trying to come up with

This cook failed so badly at their recipe that even Sherlock Holmes scratched his head when he knew what they were trying to come up with

One chef went out of his way to prove that even cooking broccoli can lead to disaster.  It is not known whether the purple pieces are rice or something else

One chef went out of his way to prove that even cooking broccoli can lead to disaster. It is not known whether the purple pieces are rice or something else

Meltdown!  A cook made a rookie mistake and put his dinner on a plastic baking tray before putting it in the oven

Meltdown! A cook made a rookie mistake and put his dinner on a plastic baking tray before putting it in the oven

A disaster chef burned their meal so badly it's impossible to tell what kind of food they were trying to cook

A disaster chef burned their meal so badly it’s impossible to tell what kind of food they were trying to cook

It's always a good idea to keep an eye on the microwave when heating soup to avoid an explosion

It’s always a good idea to keep an eye on the microwave when heating soup to avoid an explosion

splat!  You should never be wary while cooking or your food could look like a dog meal

splat! You should never be wary while cooking or your food could look like a dog meal

Green giant mess!  This amateur chef went wrong when the base of their blender came

Green giant mess! This amateur chef went wrong when the base of their blender came

One person forgot to take their plastic spatula out of the baking tray before heating dinner

One person forgot to remove their plastic spatula from the baking tray before heating dinner

A truly heartbreaking sight.  A cook dropped his tray of muffins on the floor as he took it out of the oven

A truly heartbreaking sight. A cook dropped his tray of muffins on the floor as he took it out of the oven

Let this be a lesson to anyone who has ever been tempted to use their oven as storage: it won't end well

Let this be a lesson to anyone who has ever been tempted to use their oven as storage: it won’t end well

Source link